WHAT WILL BE COVERED?
The Level 3 Award in the Safe Use of a Chainsaw from a Mobile Elevated Work Platform is aimed at arboricultural workers who have access to a MEWP within their workplace. The course will cover risk assessments, emergency procedures and current health and safety legislation, as well as legal and environmental factors affecting tree work. The suitability of a MEWP to carry out tree works, and the advantages / disadvantages of different types of MEWP will also be covered.
You will maintain, set up and operate the MEWP before carrying out branch removal using different types of cut; your instructor will advise you on the selection of cuts to utilise.
ARE THERE ANY PRE-REQUISITES?
There are a number of pre-requisites that you must meet before booking this course:
- You must be at least 16 years of age to undertake the training and assessment.
- You must hold the Level 2 Award in Chainsaw Maintenance and Crosscutting (or CS30).
- You must hold the Level 2 Award in Felling Trees Up To 380mm (or CS31).
- You must hold an appropriate MEWP Operator certificate, such as the Level 2 Award in the Safe Use and Operation of Mobile Elevated Work Platforms.
If you wish to use a top-handled saw during the course (and subsequent assessment), you must also hold the:
- Level 2 Award in Tree Climbing and Aerial Rescue (or CS38).
- Level 3 Award in Aerial Cutting of Trees with a Chainsaw Using Free-fall Techniques (or CS39).
WHAT CAN I PROGRESS TO?
There are various options open to you,
HOW LONG IS THIS COURSE?
2 days. Please contact us to discuss your requirements and availability of training / assessment.
WHERE IS THIS COURSE HELD?
Many of our courses are based at our workshops at Arborfield, near Reading; but this course can be delivered across the UK, at your own site, if needed. Please contact us for more details.