WHAT WILL BE COVERED?
The Level 3 Award In Aerial Tree Pruning is for arborists who wish to upskill their existing qualifications in using a chainsaw in the tree. This course is about carrying out arboricultural pruning operations in trees, completing tasks such as reductions, crown-lifting, re-pollarding, thinning and crown cleaning. You will need to carry out a tree hazard evaluation and perform a ‘working at height’ assessment before starting this work. You will need to select suitable pruning tools relevant to the work to be carried out, and your instructor will work with you to ensure that the work meets the requirements of current legislation and current industry guidance.
There are a number of pre-requisites before you can undertake the Level 3 Award in Aerial Tree Rigging:
- You must be at least 16 years of age.
- You must hold the Level 2 Award in Chainsaw Maintenance and Crosscutting (or CS30).
- You must hold the Level 2 Award in Felling Trees Up To 380mm (or CS31).
- You must hold the Level 2 Award in Climbing Trees and Aerial Rescue (or CS38).
- You must hold the Level 3 Award in Aerial Cutting of Trees with a Chainsaw Using Free-fall Techniques (or CS39).
WHAT CAN I PROGRESS TO?
There are other aerial units that you might be interested in such as the:
- Level 3 Award in Aerial Tree Rigging, or…
- Level 3 Award in Safe Use of a Chainsaw from a Mobile Elevating Work Platform.
As you will already have the Level 2 Award in Felling Trees Up To 380mm (or CS31), you could always further your skills and knowledge by progressing along the ground-based units:
HOW LONG IS THIS COURSE?
3 days. Please contact us to discuss your requirements and availability of training / assessment.
WHERE IS THIS COURSE HELD?
Many of our courses are based at our workshops at Arborfield, near Reading; but this course can be delivered across the UK, at your own site, if needed. Please contact us for more details.