WHAT WILL BE COVERED?
This course is aimed at arborists, estate workers, grounds maintenance crews, and anyone else who needs to use a powered pole pruner as part of their work.
The course covers PPE, pre- and post-operational checks, usage, and relevant legislation pertaining to these units. You will also cover routine maintenance, including sharpening of the chain, and demonstrate the different types of cuts used with these machines.
ARE THERE ANY PRE-REQUISITES?
You must be at least 16 years of age to undertake the training and assessment; there are no other pre-requisites.
WHAT CAN I PROGRESS TO?
You might like to consider a number of options to build upon your experience, such as:
- Level 2 Award in Chainsaw Maintenance and Crosscutting.
- Level 2 Award in the Safe Use of Manually Fed Woodchippers.
- Level 2 Award in the Safe Use of Shredders in Amenity Operations.
- Level 2 Award in the Safe Use of Leaf Blowers and Vacuums.
- Level 2 Award in the Safe Use of Handheld Hedgecutters.
HOW LONG IS THIS COURSE?
WHERE IS THIS COURSE HELD?
Many of our courses are based at our workshops at Arborfield, near Reading; but this course can be delivered across the UK, at your own site, if needed. Please contact us for more details.