WHAT WILL BE COVERED?
These courses aim to provide the learner with the knowledge, skills and understanding to safely use a mower – with separate courses covering pedestrian controlled and ride-on mowers.
The course covers basic risk assessments, health and safety legislation and PPE when using mowers.
Learners will be encouraged to take their assessment with different cutting mechanisms to broaden their certification e.g. cylinder, rotary, flail, reciprocating knife and greens machine with interchangeable units. Please let us know which endorsements you require at the time of booking this course.
ARE THERE ANY PRE-REQUISITES?
You must be at least 16 years of age to undertake the training and assessment; there are no other pre-requisites.
WHAT CAN I PROGRESS TO?
If you are a green-keeper, or work within grounds maintenance, then you might like to consider:
- Level 2 Award in the Safe Use of Tractor Mounted Mowers.
- Level 2 Award in the Safe Use of Tractor-Mounted Hedge & Verge Cutters.
- Level 2 Award in the Safe Use of Handheld Hedge Cutters.
- Level 2 Award in the Safe Use of Leaf Blowers and Vacuums.
- Level 2 Award in the Safe Use of Shredders in Amenity Operations.
- Pesticide Application: Foundation Module (PA1)
- Pesticide Application: Handheld Sprayers (PA6).
HOW LONG IS THIS COURSE?
WHERE IS THIS COURSE HELD?
Many of our courses are based at our workshops at Arborfield, near Reading; but this course can be delivered across the UK, at your own site, if needed. Please contact us for more details.