WHAT WILL BE COVERED?
The qualification is aimed at those who use handheld hedge cutters as part of their work, either in horticulture, arboriculture, grounds maintenance or landscape gardening. It covers the use of the hedge cutters, covering pre-use checks and maintenance, and operating the machine in a safe manner that minimises environmental damage. Current health and safety legislation will be covered, as will generic and site risk assessments, and the usage of correct PPE. The wider subject of hedgerow maintenance will also be discussed.
ARE THERE ANY PRE-REQUISITES?
You must be at least 16 years of age to undertake the training and assessment; there are no other pre-requisites.
WHAT CAN I PROGRESS TO?
If you undertaking this training and assessment, you may be interested in gaining qualifications in:
- Level 2 Award in the Safe Use of Tractor Mounted Hedge & Verge Cutters.
- Level 2 Award in the Safe Use of Brushcutters and Trimmers.
- Level 2 Award in the Safe Use of Leaf Blowers and Vacuums.
- Level 2 Award in the Safe Use of a Manually Fed Woodchipper.
- Level 2 Award in the Safe Use of Shredders in Amenity Operations.
- Level 2 Award in the Safe Use of Pedestrian / Ride-On Mowers.
HOW LONG IS THIS COURSE?
1 day. Please contact us to discuss your requirements and availability of training / assessment.
WHERE IS THIS COURSE HELD?
Many of our courses are based at our workshops at Arborfield, near Reading; but this course can be delivered across the UK, at your own site, if needed. Please contact us for more details.