WHAT WILL BE COVERED?
This is the foundation course that must be completed successfully before undertaking further, more specific, pesticide training modules. The candidate will be assessed via computer based multiple choice questions.
If your job involves applying pesticides in a commercial role then you are legally required by the Chemicals Regulation Directorate (CRD) (Control of Pesticides Regulations 1986) (as amended) to take this qualification. Identify those key aspects of legislation which apply to the use of pesticides.
The training will enable you to:
- know the legislative requirements and codes of practice relating to the use of pesticides.
- understand the relevance of product information
- know how to minimise the risk of human contamination and implement emergency procedures.
- know how to store and transport pesticides safely.
- know how to manage and dispose of surplus pesticide and waste materials.
- know the record keeping requirements
- know how to minimise the risk of environmental contamination and implement emergency procedures.
ARE THERE ANY PRE-REQUISITES?
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
WHAT CAN I PROGRESS TO?
This is the foundation course that must be completed successfully before undertaking further, more specific, pesticide training modules such as 0216-50 (supercedes PA2), 0216-51 (supercedes PA3), 0216-54 (supercedes PA6) and 0216-57 (supercedes PA9).
HOW LONG IS THIS COURSE?
1 day. Please contact us to discuss your requirements and availability of training / assessment.
WHERE IS THIS COURSE HELD?
Many of our courses are based at our workshops at Arborfield, near Reading; but this course can be delivered across the UK, at your own site, if needed. The assessment will be made on an occasion separate to the training day. It will be arranged by us and lasts approximately 1 hour. Please contact us for more details.