What Will Be Covered?
This course prepares candidates for the PA.9 assessment covering fogging misters and sprayers, ensuring that they are able to apply pesticides using this equipment in a safe, effective manner and in accordance with current legislation. Learners are expected to read a pesticide label and utilise a calculator to calculate the area and volume of a glasshouse, as well as ensuring correct mixing of the pesticides.
You will carry out a risk assessment of the application site and complete site preparation before operating the equipment. Maintenance, cleaning and storage of the equipment will be completed, and record keeping will be discussed.
The qualification contains four optional units:
- [Unit 181]: Applying Pesticide Mists, Less than 100 microns VMD Indoors (PA9A)
- [Unit 182]: Applying Pesticide Mists, Less than 100 microns VMD Outdoors (PA9B)
- [Unit 183]: Applying Pesticide Fogs, Less than 100 microns VMD Indoors (PA9C)
- [Unit 184]: Applying Pesticide Smokes Indoors (PA9D)
Are There Any Pre-Requisites?
- You must be at least 16 years of age to undertake the training and assessment.
- This course is available to those who have successfully completed their City & Guilds NPTC PA.1 training or the new City & Guilds Level 2 Principles of Safe Handling and Application of Pesticides assessment.
What Can I Progress On To?
As you will already hold the foundation pesticide application certificate (PA1) or the new City & Guilds Level 2 Principles of Safe Handling and Application of Pesticides then you could opt to study for:
How Long Is This Course?
1 day. Please contact us to discuss your requirements and availability of training / assessment.
Where Is This Course Held?
Many of our courses are based at our workshops at Arborfield, near Reading; but this course can be delivered across the UK, at your own site, if needed. Please contact us for more details.