WHO IS THE COURSE FOR?
Our course is designed for employers and nominated first aider employees from any work environment, or anyone who wants to gain knowledge, skills and certification in first aiding in an emergency situation. Suitable candidates must be physically fit, responsible and available to provide first aid in the work setting (as per Regulation 3, Section 47 of the Approved Code of Practice).
OBJECTIVES OF THE COURSE
To equip first aiders with the required knowledge and skills to act appropriately in an emergency; summon help, give safe, prompt and effective emergency first aid to a casualty in the workplace following an injury or illness using materials to hand and/or HSE approved first aid equipment.
By the end of this course, the candidate will be able to:
- Understand their role as a first aider
- Carry out a primary survey of a casualty
- Place an unconscious casualty into the recovery position
- Carry out effective rescue breathing to current Resuscitation Council guidelines
- Carry out effective CPR to current Resuscitation Council guidelines
- Recognise and deal with minor and major cases of bleeding
- Recognise and treat a patient suffering from medical shock
- Recognise and treat medical emergencies scenarios as identified by the group on the day.
HOW LONG IS THIS COURSE?
WHERE IS THIS COURSE HELD?
Many of our courses are based at our workshops at Arborfield, near Reading; but this course can be delivered across the UK, at your own site, if needed. Please contact us for more details.