Date(s) - 25/10/2017
8:45 am - 4:15 pm
Crown Estate (Estate Office)
Abrasive Wheels: Introduction
Inexperience or carelessness in the use of abrasive wheels can be dangerous and serious accidents can and do occur (see HSE website at http://press.hse.gov.uk/2015/steel-firm-fined-over-death-at-foundry/). This course provides attendees with the basic knowledge and practical skills involved in the safe mounting and selection of abrasive wheels and cutting discs.
- Select and mount safely the correct type of disc or wheel for the task to be carried out.
- Fully understand their relevant plant equipment and abrasive wheels duties and responsibilities under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974.
Abrasive Wheels Training Course Content:
- The Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- Construction (Health, Safety and Welfare) Regulations 1996
- COSSH Regulations 2002
- PPE Regulations1992
- PUWER 1998
- Safety in the use of Abrasive Wheels HS(G)17
- Manual Handling Regulations 1992
- Types and functions of abrasive wheel equipment and cutting discs
- The selection, testing, mounting and storage of abrasive wheels and cutting off discs
- The care, maintenance, transport and handling of abrasive wheels and cutting off discs
Bookings are closed for this event.