WHAT WILL BE COVERED?
This course prepares candidates for the City & Guilds Level 2 Award in the Safe Application of Pesticides Using Variable Geometry Boom or Broadcast Sprayers (formerly PA.3) assessment covering broadcast, air-assisted sprayers and variable geometry sprayers (with or without air-assistance), ensuring that they are able to apply pesticides using this equipment in a safe, effective manner and in accordance with current legislation. Learners are expected to read a pesticide label and utilise a calculator.
Your instructor will guide you through preparation, calibration and routine maintenance of the sprayer, as well as cleaning, decontamination and storage. You will be asked to show how to set and test application rates and calculate, measure and mix pesticides before applying them safely and accurately to the work site (under the watchful eye of your trainer!).
This course is available to those who have successfully completed their City & Guilds NPTC Level 2 Principles of Safe Handling and Application of Pesticides assessment.
ARE THERE ANY PRE-REQUISITES?
- You must be at least 16 years of age to undertake the training and assessment.
- You must have successfully completed the City & Guilds NPTC Level 2 Principles of Safe Handling and Application of Pesticides assessment.
WHAT CAN I PROGRESS TO?
There are various options open to you, even within this qualification as different endorsements are available:
- [Unit 121]: Operating a Broadcast Sprayer with Air Assistance (was PA3A).
- [Unit 122]: Operating a Variable Geometry Boom Sprayer With Air Assistance (was PA3B).
- [Unit 123]: Operating a Variable Geometry Boom Sprayer Without Air Assistance (was PA3C).
HOW LONG IS THIS COURSE?
1 day. Please contact us to discuss your requirements and availability of training / assessment.
WHERE IS THIS COURSE HELD?
Many of our courses are based at our workshops at Arborfield, near Reading; but this course can be delivered across the UK, at your own site, if needed. Please contact us for more details.