What Will Be Covered?
This Level 2 Award In The Safe Application Of Pesticides Using Self Propelled, Mounted, Trailed Horizontal Boom Sprayers course provides a modular approach to prepare candidates for the assessment covering boom sprayers, ensuring that they are able to apply pesticides using this equipment in a safe, effective manner and in accordance with current legislation.
Candidates will be expected to prepare the applicator for work, calibrate and operate it to ensure correct application rate without risk to themselves, other people and the environment. They should use the information detailed on product labels to determine the approved uses for the product and its potential hazards to human safety, non-target areas and the environment in general; carry out daily and routine maintenance on the applicator and clean equipment which may have been contaminated with pesticide. The instructor will ensure that candidates are able to safely and accurately complete spraying procedures on site.
This course is only available to those who have successfully completed their City & Guilds NPTC Level 2 Award: Principles Of Safe Handling And Application Of Pesticides assessment.
Are There Any Pre-Requisites?
- You must be at least 16 years of age to undertake the training and assessment.
- You must have successfully completed the Level 2 Award: Principles Of Safe Handling And Application Of Pesticides.
What Can I Progress On To?
There are various options within this qualification with units available for various types of boom sprayer to meet your needs. Please contact us to discuss your requirements; the units are:
- [Unit 111]: Operating Mounted, Trailed and Self Propelled Hydraulic Nozzle or Rotary Atomiser Horizontal Boom Sprayers
- [Unit 112]: Operating Mounted, Trailed and Self Propelled Air/Fluid Nozzle Horizontal Boom Sprayers
- [Unit 113]: Operating Mounted, Trailed and Self Propelled Downward Air Assisted Horizontal Boom Sprayers
- [Unit 114]: Operating Mounted or Trailed Wick Type Applicators
- [Unit 115]: Operating Vehicle Mounted Kerb Sprayers Fitted with Hydraulic Nozzles / Rotary Atomisers
How Long Is This Course?
1 day plus assessment. Please contact us to discuss your requirements and availability of training / assessment.
Where Is This Course Held?
Many of our courses are based at our workshops at Arborfield, near Reading; but this course can be delivered across the UK, at your own site, if needed. Please contact us for more details.