What Will Be Covered?
The Level 3 Award in Aerial Tree Rigging is for arborists who wish to progress their skills and underpinning knowledge relating to tree dismantling. The course covers risk assessments, current health and safety legislation as well as the knowledge required to assess system loads; this is achieved through the use of log mass curves and safety factors so having a calculator to calculate peak system loads is going to be useful! Set up of rigging systems including the installation and use of bollards and/or portawrap devices is covered, as are pulley systems. You will be taken through tip, butt and cradle ties to lower timber sections down.
Are There Any Pre-Requisites?
There are a number of pre-requisites before you can undertake the Level 3 Award in Aerial Tree Rigging:
- You must be at least 16 years of age.
- You must hold the Level 2 Award in Chainsaw Maintenance and Crosscutting (or CS30).
- You must hold the Level 2 Award in Felling Trees Up To 380mm (or CS31).
- You must hold the Level 2 Award in Climbing Trees and Aerial Rescue (or CS38).
- You must hold the Level 3 Award in Aerial Cutting of Trees with a Chainsaw Using Free-fall Techniques (or CS39).
What Can I Progress To?
There are other aerial units that you might be interested in such as the:
- Level 3 Award in Aerial Tree Pruning, or...
- Level 3 Award in Safe Use of a Chainsaw from a Mobile Elevating Work Platform.
As you will already have the Level 2 Award in Felling Trees Up To 380mm (or CS31), you could always further your skills and knowledge by progressing along the ground-based units:
How Long Is The Course?
The course duration is 3 days.
Please contact us to discuss your requirements and availability of training / assessment.
Where Is The Course Held?
Many of our courses are based at our workshops at Arborfield, near Reading; but this course can be delivered across the UK, at your own site, if needed. Please contact us for more details.